Sunday, October 17, 2010

Random Notes & Quotes From The Weekend


The following are some notes and quotes that caught my eye over the weekend...

- It was a dominating performance by the Warhawks in it's 45-0 win over UW-Eau Claire. Through the first six games, the Hawks' defense has been outstanding.

- Entering the weekend, Whitewater ranked 1st in NCAA Division III in Total Offense and 4th in Total Defense. That is quite impressive isn't it?

- UW-Stevens Point's 27-21 victory over UW-Stout Saturday afternoon keeps the Pointers in the WIAC championship race. UWSP hosts La Crosse this week prior to travelling to Whitewater on October 30th.

- I sat in my motel room Saturday night in Eau Claire transfixed to the UW - Ohio State game at Camp Randle. The Badger's 31-18 primetime win over the No. 1 ranked Buckeyes will go down as one of the great Wisconsin victories in Camp Randle history.

- How long is the fantastic game-day weather going to be with us?

- I came back from Eau Claire Sunday "the long way" through my hometown of Durand. A half block of downtown burned down last fall, and now a good 1/3 of all store fronts are empty. It is really sad for someone that grew up in the town of 2000.

- I'm getting very excited and nervous as the days tick down to UW-Whitewater's Hall of Fame Day & Homecoming on October 30th. Knowing that I will be inducted into the Hall of Fame has absolutley humbled me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment