Monday, November 7, 2011

Voice's Monday Morning Random Thoughts

• Congratulations to the UW-Whitewater football team on securing ANOTHER WIAC championship. Seven consecutive, including six out-right conference titles since 2005 – AMAZING!

• The Warhawks have now won 39 consecutive games – the longest current win-streak in any division of NCAA football. The streak ties UWW with the University of Washington (1908-1914) for the fifth longest streak in the history of college football.

• Levell tops 7000 career rushing yards with his 236 yards vs. Eau Claire on Saturday. Coppage is now 341 yards shy of overtaking RJ Bowers of Grove City College (1997-2000) for second-place in NCAA all-division rushing history.

• Carson Park is a fun venue to play a football game at. Fans literally can reach out and touch the players. Being a former student at UWEC and growing up just down the road in Durand, I talked to a number of friends that went to the game simply for a chance to see a two-time, defending national champion. That’s high praise!

• The Warhawk football team has certainly done their job so far in 2011. UW-Whitewater fans have also done its job by turning out in droves at the Perk this year. Here is your chance to “finish it” as a Warhawk fan by turning out en masse for Saturday’s regular season finale at the Perk. With a large crowd, UWW will win the NCAA Division III regular season attendance title! NO EXCUSES!

• UW-Whitewater athletics is much more that just Warhawk football. UW-Whitewater volleyball, men’s and women’s soccer, and women’s tennis all join Warhawk football as 2011 WIAC champions!

• So I lose my billfold last weekend. I looked all over – went to the last two businesses where I remembered having the billfold. I went to both the Whitewater and Fort Atkinson police departments – no luck. On Monday I contacted my bank to put on stop on my ATM card. On Wednesday I was doing some housecleaning and I had my 2008 Stagg Bowl hat on top of my dresser. You guessed it – I picked up the hat and damn if my billfold wasn’t underneath the hat!

• GO WARHAWKS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment