Monday, September 24, 2012

Phase 2 of my battle with cancer is underway

It has been a nervous past 10 days in my current battle with cancer. My follow-up C-Scan was performed last week following my initial radiation and chemo-therapy treatments.

My oncologist, Dr. Amit Sanyal, indicated to me last Wednesday that the “numbers” look good and we’re going in the right direction. With that said he had me start my second series of chemo treatments. These will be much stronger than the original treatment.

My original treatment was all done via CADD computer on a continuous seven day a week basis.

The new chemo is much stronger as it will attack any cancer cells that may have made it into my lymph nodes.

I was lucky and didn’t have serious side effects from my initial chemo with the exception of getting fatigued. I don’t think I’m going to be as lucky this time around. I suffered severe dehydration for the first 48 hours of the new treatment that required five hours of fluids being injected into my body.

While I maintain that “day at a time” attitude in fighting this terrible disease, the emotional and physical “ups and downs” can be extremely taxing.

A photo of me along with Arnie Peck (center) and Gary Douglas (right) was taken at Saturday night’s Back to the 60’s – Bob Berezowitz Day reception at Randy’s Restaurant.

I look at the photo and worry that maybe I’m not strong enough to win this battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment