Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The anticipation of preseason training camp is alive and well


When I walked into the football offices in UW-Whitewaters Student Athletic Complex today I felt a definite anticipation for the start of preseason football practice. Players will report back to campus on Saturday, August 14th with the first practice session set for Sunday, August 15th.

I my stop at the SAC this morning I had the privilege of meeting Josh Gehring, UW-Whitewater's new quarterback’s and wide receiver’s coach and pass game coordinator. The 2009 NAIA Assistant Football Coach of the year at Morningside College in Sioux City, Iowa, brings a great resume with him to join Lance Leipold's coaching staff. I plan to sit down and chat with Coach Gehring tomorrow.

I also stuck my head into the SAC's conference room to briefly chat with Warhawk assistant coaches Brian Borland, Kevin Bullis and Tom Karthausser. The agenda of the day was preparation for the Hawk's 2010 defense with preseason practice less than two weeks away.

More on Voice's Eye On Football Blog will be coming up later today.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Voice. Like the new site. Just a few questions for you? Who could be the sleepers that may step up this year for the Hawks? Also what do you think of the pipeline that is being created with Oak Park, IL. I believe there will be 5 Oak park players from the same high school on the team entering camp this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't there an ex-coach or ex-player from UW-Whitewater that's currently on the OPRF staff? I though I heard that somewhere?

    ReplyDelete