Sunday, October 7, 2012

I'm overwhelmed at the generosity and love shown Saturday at Perkins Stadium

My mind is still spinning uncontrollably in the wake of Saturday’s Team Tom Cancer Fundraiser in conjunction with the Warhawk football game vs. UW-River Falls at Perkins Stadium.

I’m told that over $10-thousand has been raised through the incredible effort of former UW-Whitewater football coach Bob Berezowitz, UW-Whitewater Athletic Director Paul Plinske and Assistant Athletic Director/Marketing and External Relations Leah Thyne along with Jim Vreizen, Shane Sparks, Gary Douglas, Arnie Peck and the staff of KOOL 106.5 Radio.

To the many that came up to me to personally express best wishes and good luck during my ongoing battle against cancer – THANK YOU! Your words are incredibly uplifting to both me and my family.

And to my wonderful daughter Kim and her family, thank you so much for being hand-in-hand with me at Saturday’s game. You gave me the strength to make it through an incredibly emotional day for me.

To the fans of UW-Whitewater football, I will never be able to adequately express in words the love that I, along with my family, felt through the incredible generosity that you showed towards me at Saturday’s game.

The emotion of the day came crashing down on me during that end of the third quarter on field “ceremony.” As I looked up into the stands during the ceremony an incredible feeling of love and family overwhelmed my soul. It has reinforced my will to beat this terrible disease.

Again – thank you and GO WARHAWKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment