Wednesday, June 19, 2013

For now I'm looking at colon cancer in my rear view mirror

I'm embarrassed to say that for the first time in 25 years I was forced to miss a UW-Whitewater Football postseason banquet a couple of months ago. I was still a bit weak following several months of battling a tough opponent - colon cancer.

I want to appologize to the 2012 Warhawk football team and UWW fans for my rather sparse coverage on my Warhawkfootball.com ebsite. As I reflect - it was a surrealistic time period for me as I forced myself to keep my primary focus on winning my own battle - a battle against cancer.

Some pretty big news came my way back in mid-February..........

It took ne a while to grasp the February 13th news that seven month's of chemo and radiation has destroyed the tumor that was found in my colon in late May of 2012. Thank you to the many who have given me the will and energy to wage this battle. Your thoughts and prayers have been so inspirational for me and my family!!

As of June 16th I have resumed posting stories on the Warhawkfootball.com Newswire.  It's time for me to "get back in the game!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment