Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Voices Random Thoughts on a Wednesday morning

• Hawks report for 2011 training camp on August 13th. In the words of New York Jets linebacker Bart Scott – CAN’T WAIT.

• I can’t get enough of the frenzy following the end to the NFL lockout. Five months of work being condensed into five days. Now that is what I’m talking about!

• My new status as a Wisconsin Football Coaches Association Hall of Fame member will allow me to attend Green Bay Packers training camp this coming Monday.

• Former UW-Whitewater head coach Bob Berezowitz and I will be making the trip Monday afternoon. I’ll be staying close to Brez on the sideline because he’ll have all the contacts with the GB coaching staff. It will make me feel like Chris Mortensen or John Clayton of ESPN!

• As I reported earlier this morning – Lane Olson is still waiting for a call from an NFL team wanting to sign him to an undrafted free agent contract.

• Attention NFL general managers – if you are looking for a player to be the soul of your special teams kick and punt coverage unit – sign Lane Olson! The guy is an animal on the field, just the kind of player you want on special teams.


• Now that I have “retired” as color analyst on KOOL 106.5 UW-Whitewater football game broadcasts I am having a blast putting together upgrades to Warhawkfootball.com.

• My Web technician, Bob Foerster of KC Computers in Whitewater is busy finishing-up the additions I’m putting up on Warhawkfootball.com this summer.

• Look for the new Warhawk SmugMug Photo Gallery and HawkTube Video links to be on-line by August 10th.

• My sincere apology to my good friend Pike Teipner. He celebrated his birthday earlier this month and I was invited to his birthday party at the Whitewater Country Club and Spa. I had a total “brain-fart” and forgot to attend the party. No excuses – I screwed up. Sorry Pike.

• And to wrap this edition up – hopefully you all are feeling better than me. I’m suffering from a summer cold complete with air conditioning nasal issues during the heat wave. I must say, living on chicken noodle soup and Nyquil isn’t that bad.

• Go Hawks!

No comments:

Post a Comment