Monday, October 17, 2011

Voice's Monday Morning Random Thoughts

• My adrenaline is already flowing for Saturday’s first place U-Dub-Dub at Oshkosh showdown for first place in the WIAC! A lot will be riding on Saturday’s game (please refer to 2008 when one loss sent the Hawks on an “escape around America” playoff run).

• I remember a pretty good basketball coach – Auggie Vander Muelen – subscribing to the theory that a great basketball season should be free of “peaks and valleys.” He would chastise me prior to every Warhawk-Platteville game letting me know “it was just the next game on UWW’s schedule” and not the game to end all. It took me a long time to understand that!

• A couple of NFL scouts (Jacksonville & Atlanta) were sitting next to me in the press box at the Perk Friday night. They didn’t tip there hand on exactly who they travelled to Whitewater to see. All I know is that they did a lot of writing following a large number of plays.

• The one response that sticks with me is both scouts looked at each other and had big smiles on there face after Kris Rosholt boomed a towering, 65 yard punt in the first half of Friday’s game. The punt tied his “career long.”

• A bit of a bummer that the Brewers season is now over. What happened to the Brewers pitching!!?? Did the team get too caught up in “beast mode” and “Tony Plush” against the Cardinals. As much as I hate Tony Larussa I think he used all that as motivation for his team. I think it worked!

• Will Prince Fielder be able to play at the same level without having a hitter like Ryan Braun hitting in front of him? Prince talked “having the most fun” during the just completed season and you could see that all year long. Prince – tell your agent Scott Boros to seek a hometown discount from Mark Attanasio and strongly consider staying in Milwaukee. What is wrong with continuing to be part of the best one-two hitting duo in Major League Baseball?

• I’ll have more thoughts here on the blog later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment