Monday, November 29, 2010

Dedicating this post to Mike "Cannon Man" Lesco


- OK, we are a couple of rounds into the playoffs and a very familiar constroversy has popped up again. The NCAA has "silenced" UW-Whitewater's traditional cannon AGAIN. The NCAA indicated "it had received some complaints" about the cannon going off following each of UW-Whitewater scores during the Franklin game. So much for that dastardly TRADITION that is demeaning to the visiting team. Since cannon fire is demeaning and emabarassing, maybe, due to the fact Whitewater has scored 45 and 52 points vs. NCAA Division III PLAYOFF COMPETITION this season, maybe not being able to say the score after Whitewater scores over 30 points in any NCAA playoff game will be next on the NCAA's list? ie: Whitewater ___ - Oponent 7. That would be much less demeaning wouldn't it?

- Lets see, the NO CANNON rule now stipulates "the cannon" cannot be located in the stadium, or adjacent to the stadium where it could be heard by spectators or participants of the NCAA Division III playoff game. During Saturday's broadcast I jokingly said that maybe we should have "Cannon Man" Lesco park his cannon in my driveway at my condo over at 640 Foxglove Lane just a flop sand wedge away from the Perk. I'll invite my grand-kids down to Whitewater for a cannon party.
Sure everybody at the Perk will here the cannon fire, howitzer fire, or whatever. Maybe the NCAA has the power to tell me that I can't have the "cannon party" in my driveway because it would be demeaning to my neigbors?! Maybe Paul Plinske can get a ruling for me (just kidding)!. Oh, I forgot, Whitewater must go on the road now. To be continued...

- I just found out the Northwestern has now protested to the Big 10 and NCAA because it was humiliating to watch Wisconsin score 70 points against the Wildcats Saturday at Camp Randall Stadium. It was embarassing and demeaning for Northwestern fans to have to listen to ABC TV to describe the action from Madison throughout the nation.

- It is at this time that I sort of understand the rule and the NCAA's concern over the physche of losing football teams at the college level. Maybe I should link the Geico Namby Pamby commercial again this week.

- Hey it is Division III Quarterfinal Week. North Central College in Naperville is just a two-hour jaunt from Whitewater and even closer to many of our Warhawk Nation bretheran. NO EXCUSES, it you are Warhawk fan, you will want to be at Saturday's game in Naperville!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment