Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Players are "jumping at the bit" to get 2010 preseason football practice underway

The UW-Whitewater football players will report to 2010 training camp this weekend. For many of the returning players the preparation for preseason practice has been on-going all summer.

On Monday, I was walking out of the Student Athletic Complex mid-afternoon and noticed several players out on the Perkins Stadium FieldTurf working out on their own.

Among the players working out in 90 degree, humid conditions were Aaron Rusch, Levell Coppage, Matt Blanchard, Josh Williams.

"I've been down here working out every single day," Rusch tells the Voiceseyeonfootball Blog. "I can't wait to get back at it at training camp and do what we can to have a great season once again."

"I've been living in Whitewater this summer and working hard on my game," Coppage said. "I've been working with the quarterbacks catching the football, something I'd like to be more proficient at. Working hard in the off-season can only make you a better player."

Coppage and Rusch, two of the premier players in the country, leading by example.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear Josh Williams is still with the team. Looking forward to seeing more of him on the field this year. Will he be playing Mike LB?

    ReplyDelete