Monday, June 27, 2011

Lane Olson a late scratch from Team USA football roster


I got a big suprise when I arrived in Crawfordsville, Indiana Monday evening. I made the six hour drive for the purpose of conducting an interview with form Warhawk linebacker Lane Olson who was selected to the Team USA roster in advance of next month's IAAF Senior World Football Championship to be held in Austria.

When I checked into my hotel room I had the following email from Team USA media representative Steve Alic.

"Lane has decided to excuse himself from Team USA’s roster as he is pursuing a roster spot with a UFL team, Alic tells voiceseyeonfootball.blogspot.com. "Unfortunately, this precludes Lane from making the necessary time commitment that playing for Team USA would command."

I am told that Lane has been "worked out" for at least one team in the UFL this summer. Lane is not listed on any of the five UFL rosters.

I'll be keeping everyone updated.

- Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment