Wednesday, June 29, 2011


• Even though my trip down to Crawfordsville, Indiana this week was a flop when I learned the Lane Olson had “decided to excuse himself from Team USA’s roster as he is pursuing a roster spot with a UFL team, it wasn’t a total loss.

• Gas in Crawfordsville (45 miles west of Indianapolis on I-74) was $3.21.9 per gallon. Getting gas at that price was worth the trip!

• So I was filling up my gas tank Monday night and a couple of guys gassing up started to chat with me asking about my Warhawk football T-Shirt. They asked where I was from and when I said Whitewater they said I might know his brother? It was former UW-Whitewater basketball player Dodd Davey who is currently the head coach at Elkhorn. Man, it is a small world isn’t it?

• Good luck to Lane Kimble on his new job at WJFW TV-12 in Rhinelander, WI. Lane has spent the past couple of years at WFAW/WSJY in Fort Atkinson following his graduation from UW-Whitewater. Lane’s face became well known as the TV Voice of UW-Whitewater Warhawk football telecasts on UWW TV.

• Good luck to UW-Whitewater baseball coach Dave Perchinsky and family who are in the process of moving to my old stomping grounds in Eau Claire. Perch has been a major cog in UW-Whitewater’s success on the baseball field since 2004.

• I’ve been “neck high” in football preparation over the past three weeks. Each year web the South All-Star team arrives at UW-Whitewater for “training camp” the football bug really bites.

• 14 UW-Whitewater football recruits are scheduled to play in this year’s Wisconsin Football Coach’s Association High School All-Star games set for Saturday, July 16th at Titan Stadium in Oshkosh. The South All-Stars will once again train at UW-Whitewater beginning July 10th.

• I’ll release the names of the UWW recruits next week.

• A big happy birthday to grandson’s Dallas Folberg and Jovan Smith who’s birthday parties are coming up. I asked Dallas what he wanted from Grandpa Tom for a birthday present? He said cash would be nice!!!

• Even though its going to be “stinkin’ hot” I hope you all enjoy your 4th of July weekend. Have a great time but be safe!!!!!!!!!

• I’ll have more random thoughts on the blog next week.

- Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment