Thursday, July 19, 2012

I'm not going to let a little cancer stop my daily reporting on UW-Whitewater Football

UW-Whitewater football training camp is just four weeks away. Players are scheduled to report on August 10 with the first practice set for August 11. The Warhawks along with Washington University will be the first two teams to hit the practice field in Division III. The two schools will get a jump on the rest of Division III by getting an early start to the season. Whitewater travels to Wash U in St. Louis for its season opener on the evening of August 31.

As most of you already know, I’m currently battling colorectal cancer and am a week into six consecutive weeks of daily radiation and chemotherapy treatment. One aspect of battling cancer is to remain positive throughout the treatments and also to be goal-oriented. My goal is to provide readers of my Website, Warhawkfootball.com and the loyal radio listeners of UW-Whitewater football, with continuous stories and programs as we close in on training camp.

Again this year I plan to have daily training camp updates on your Radio Home for UW-Whitewater Football – KOOL 106.5. I also intend to produce a weekly Warhawk Football This Week Podcast throughout training camp and the upcoming season.

Since being diagnosed with cancer I have learned that the best therapy for me is to focus on my talents of bringing you daily stories, videos and radio programming keeping you up-to-date on Warhawk football.

I’m not going to let a little cancer impact the upcoming season for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment