Monday, December 13, 2010

Good morning Warhawk Nation welcome to Stagg Bowl week


- What a weekend business trip on the East Coast for the Warhawk football team. The team followed the same script and used second half Wesley turnovers to stamp its ticket to Salem.

- Broadcast crew and team were blown away by the number of U-Dub-Dub fans that made it to Dover, Delaware to root on the Warhawks. With the UWW spirit squad in the house leading a full visiting bleacher section in cheering on the Hawks. Leading the way was former Warhawk and Hall of Famer Rod "Big Tex" Sonnenberg

- Chancellor Telfer and Athletic Director Paul Plinske deservingly had huge smiles on there faces after the game, They looked like "proud papas"!!

- What is it with Mount Union's starting quarterback getting injured in the semifinal round of three of the six UWW-Mount Union Stagg Bowl meetings?

- The Play of the Game Saturday was Greg Arnold's 4th quarter interception and lenghty run back. In the postgame press conference Arnold credited his rugby days in high school for his run. "I don't get to run the ball very much you know," Arnold said.

- It must be great to be a "football hero." On our charter flight home, Arnold was sitting in the back of the plane with the broadcast crew. The flight attendants learned that Greg is the proud papa of twin daughters. Needless to say, the flight attendants spent plenty of time back by Arnolds seat to look at baby photos and talk "baby talk" with Greg. It was outstanding!

- Assistant Coach Jace Rindahl need to be designated the offical UWW greeter on our flights. He puts more miles on his hush puppies walking up and down the plane talking players and former players do while flying.

- BTW - our NCAA charter was with Southwest Airlines and in my mind, it was the best charter setup we've had in our six-year run to the Stagg Bowl.

- Plenty of information on Stagg Bowl tickets, Fan bus to Salem information is available both here on Voices Eye on Football Blog and on the Warhawkfootball.com News Wire link.

- KOOL 106.5 Warhawk football sideline reporter has been voted NCAA Division III's Best by NCAA DIvision III officals due to the fact that he seems to be on the field talking with the officals more than any other DIII sideline reporter in the nation does.

- I've been known to leave things behind at the hotel on Warhawk road trips. One trip I left my luggage! This past weekend the only thing I lost is my cell phone not once but twice. When I first got on the plane coming back I went ballistic because I couldn't find my phone. All of a sudden I hear the dang thing ringing. I was wearing a jacket over the top of a hooded sweatshirt. The phone was in the pocket of the U-Dub-Dub hoody. I guess with all the insulation created by my stomach, I couldn't feel the vibration. That is so depressing!!!

- The journey continues!

- I'll have more later today!

Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment