Thursday, December 16, 2010

Hello from snowy Salem, Virginia!!


- Guess what? It is snowing here in the Roanoke/Salem area today (Thursday). A "nuisance" 3 to 4 inches of snow has fallen since early this morning. The snow has at least temporlarily stopped. NOTHING close to the nearly 20 inches that fell last year.

- The team is currently practicing at Salem Stadium. The field was sweeped prior to practice. Hawks practicing in its purple game jersey and great sweat pants.

- This morning a media day for Roanoke/Salem media was held at the Salem Civic Center. I had the opportunity to get one-on-one interviews with Matt Weber, Wes Hicks, Aaron Rusch and Levell Coppage. I'll have feature stories on each of those players on Warhawkfootball.com prior to Saturday's Stagg Bowl.

- Jefferson County Daily Union sports writer is a rookie media member out here in Virginia. Josh is getting the same treatment his boss, Jeff Seisser received on his first Stagg Bowl assignment. Josh is carrying ALL the equipment of the UWW media corps. And as Seisser did in the Stagg Bowl following my stroke, Josh is tying my shoes each morning.

- I've had several more Warhawk fans email me with information on Stagg Bowl Parties they will be hosting on Saturday. I'll have a full update posted by mid-afternoon.

- I have plenty more to post and I'll have that up later this afternoon.

- Travel safe out to Salem and we're looking forward to seeing you!

Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment