Monday, December 20, 2010

Voices thoughts 48 hours after UWW's national championship victory


- I'm having technical problems uploading stories on the Warhawkfootball.com News Wire. I've been told the problem will be fixed sometime on Tuesday. Sorry for the inconvenience.

- Winning championships never gets old!

- The Warhawk football team were champions on the field AND Warhawk football fans were champions in the stands. An estimated 1,500 U-Dub-Dub fans were able to make the trek to Salem this year. We all know what prevented fans from getting to last year's Stagg Bowl.

- A big thank you to Gary, Arnie, Brez, Chuck and all who assisted me on getting around on the trip. Not being able to keep up with others is very frustrating and discouraging for me.

- I am humbled to be one of the radio voices of this year's football team. I hope our broadcasts helped create lasting memories for those who tuned in the KOOL 106.5 Warhawk radio broadcasts this season.

- Thanks to Chuck Nass and the UW-Whitewater Alumni Association for a super Stagg Bowl pregame tailgate. Outstanding job!

- I have received a large number of calls, emails, etc. saying that they had turned down the TV and listened to our broadcasts while watching the telecast on ESPN U. Again, hopefully Gary, Arnie and my Stagg Bowl broadcast helped enhance the excitement of the day.

- Over the first three days of our trip to Salem I thought I had forgotten to pack my medicine. Saturday morning, while packing, my medicine bag showed up in a side pocket in my brand new luggage. I had packed it there so I could find it easily!

- How many of you that made the trip were really tired when you got back home? I laid down for what I planned to be a two hour nap and didn't wake up for 10 hours!

- It felt good to get back to my exercise class at Fort Memorial Hospital Monday morning. My classmates have become huge Warhawk footbal fans and just about everyone listened to the KOOL 106.5 game broadcast. I guess wearing Warhawk clothing and talking Warhawk football three days a week since mid-July, and a really good football team has made big fans of my exercise class peeps.

- With championship in hand, time to get to my Christmas shopping. Hopefully I can find 20 minutes to accomplish the feat.

- Less than 48 hours following its national championship recruiting for 2011 has begun in earnest!

- More thoughts coming up tomorrow.

Voice

-

No comments:

Post a Comment